The bomb squad crew is a street art group hailing from the city streets of Kenya’s capital, Nairobi. Made up of members with a passion and love for art, specifically mural work and graffiti, BSQ have managed to carve up a name for themselves as the most energetic, inspiring and creative art crew in East and Central Africa. Currently relocating, Bsq Art Studio. It’s a group of young Kenyan artist formed in 2011.
As the second generation graffiti artists in Kenya, passion for beautifying plain walls of this world using the graffiti art form brought together these young fine artists and led to the formation of the group. Each individual has their different styles and techniques of work. We come together and combine all this to create one huge idea for a collabo mural.
We work as individuals at times when necessary or as per client’s request. Our techniques are what differentiates us from each other and the rest of the graffiti artists. This has allowed us to push and travel around the country and abroad with our first exhibition at the National Museums of Kenya titled ‘NEXTGEN’.
And some amazing video
For more videos click here
You can see some of our works here
- European Union Head office in Brussels Belgium
- National Museum of Kenya, Snake Park wall.
- Adelaide, South Australia at The Multi-cultural Center of S.A(MCCSA) – Outsidewall
- The Northern Sound System (OutsideWall)
- The Joinery, Franklin Street.
- Port Adelaide Lighthouse, Wharf Hotel.
- BAT East Africa Headquaters, Nairobi, Kenya.
- COSMOS Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Plant, canteen
- Karen Village art Centre in Karen.
- Kenya Airport Authorities
- Nairobi Railways Museum on Trains.
- CEFA Kenya
- PAWA 254
- Kilifi Baobab Cottages
- Diani, Kwale County
We have also participated in community works in the slums of Mathare, Korogocho, Dagoreti, Kibera, Gomongo and still continuing.
We organize this by going to search for a wall in neighborhoods and paint for free,
its known as Mtaa Museum..
This creative enterprise has its eyes on taking contemporary African art in graffiti form to walls across the universe.